Friday 12 July 2013

Social Media and what works.

This week on Indie Carnival we are talking about Social Media and what works.


I had to think about this for a while but I decided what it boils down to is communication. Old fashioned talking. To friends and acquaintances and colleagues amongst others. So I wondered about the type of modern electronic communication I was engaging in at the moment. First I am not a tweeter. I have never been brave enough or felt the urge to jump into those waters but I do use Facebook.
I have a page that I use for social contact and a page - facebook.com/FantasyFictionWriter- that I use for my books and to keep people updated. Though it is hard to determine how many extra sales are generated through them they are successful at informing my fans what I am up to and what is going on in my writing world.

Add caption

And then there is pinterest! I joined just a few weeks ago and already I am totally addicted. There are a lot of indie authors on pinterest and it didn’t take long for my books and the books of my fellow indie authors which I pinned onto my boards, to be shared around. Again it is not really possible to see what extra sales are being generated but it is all about the communication and saying ‘Hey, I’m here, how are you, nice to meet you.’ And that seems to be working just fine.
I know there are many other sites out there including Wattpad, YouTube and goodreads which I may be trying in the future but for now I intend to concentrate on building the channels I have.
What channels of communication do you use? Let me know what works, I would love to hear from you.
1.Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.Heather Self4.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga6.Cheri Schmidt, author of the Fateful Trilogy
7.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog 8.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
9.Patti Larsen, The Hunted series and The Hayle Coven series10.Amy Maurer Jones, Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy
11.Fisher Amelie, author of The Understorey12.M. Leighton, Blood Like Poison Series, Madly, The Reaping
13.Cidney Swanson, author of Rippler14.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
15.Melissa Pearl, Author of The Time Spirit Trilogy16.Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga
17.Courtney Cole Writes18.Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
19.Ella James20.Maureen Murrish
21.Valerie Sloan

No comments:

Post a Comment